Chris' Web Site:
Send email to:
Leigh D4 Dovetail Jig (1997)
- Does what it promises, works as advertised.
- Very versatile. Handles through, half blind, inlayed, and sliding dovetails. Also finger joints.
- Easy to custom space the dovetails to your design.
- Fantastic owners manual.
- Handles up to a 24” board.
- Sturdy. This fell off of a high shelf and konked my wife in
her head, and the jig only had minor damage. Oh yeah, the wife was OK
after a few stitches.
- Need to buy a few extra bits for a-typically sized dovetails.
- Practice makes perfect. Practice, practice, practice.
- Getting good fits can be a bit touchy. But that’s typical of all dovetail jigs, not just the D4.
© Copyright 2006 Chris Billman