Chris' Web Site:
Send email to:
Delta Unisaw (2003)
Delta Unisaw (model 36-841; Limited Edition, Right Tilt, 3HP, 52" Unifence):
- Unifence (stays accurate, long fence, adjustable fore/aft, tall & short faces).
tilt. The rip fence tape measure is always accurate regardless of the
blade thickness (unlike a left tilt) - very important to me because I
use dado blades often. The motor cover is on the right side of the saw
cabinet which allows me to add a sliding table to the left side of the
saw as a potential future upgrade. The much discussed and thoroughly
overblown safety issues with bevel rips are easily addressed by moving
the fence to the left of the blade on the rare occasion I need to make
- 2 wrench blade changes. Much improved and safer than the
"single wrench with wood block" method. It's amazing how such a simple
upgrade can be so useful.
- 2 cast iron wings provide large flat stable saw top.
- All cast iron and fence table sufaces were well within Delta's tolerances for flatness.
- Magnetic switch is a nice safety feature for power interruptions.
switch is in a very convenient location. You can easily get to the on
button when needed, but it's a recessed button to prevent inadvertant
starting. The stop button is a large red mushroom that is very easy to
push with your hip or leg while your hands are controlling the stock -
but it takes enough effort such that it doesn't get tripped
- Plenty of built-in storage for accessories. There are
brackets on the left of the cabinet for storing the rip fence or dado
fence when not in use. There are convenient slots in the motor cover to
store the arbor wrenches and rip fence. The shelf under the fence table
is a great spot for your extra blades, tenoning jig, etc.
- The footprint of the saw cabinet is actually smaller than
a contractors saw because the motor is located inside the cabinet
instead of hanging off the back.
- Delta customer support is very helpful once you reach them.
- Mobile base works amazingly well.
- Quiet (compared to my old saws anyway).
- Powerful. The saw hasn't bogged down on any cut no matter the wood type or thickness.
- 52" capacity rip fence is great.
- Extras with LE package (blade, table board, shelf, 2 CI wings, ZCI, base, etc).
- Woodworker's Supply was very helpful.
was great. The saw was delivered on a flat bed with a lift gate. The
driver brough the saw off the truck and rolled it all the way into my
- Packed securely - no shipping damage.
- Solid, sturdy. Built like a tank. I expect this to last longer than me.
- Made in the USA.
- Dust collection works fairly well.
- Excellent manual with clear instructions.